Shared bicycles are increasingly becoming a key part of the transport framework for many local authorities alongside public transport and car share clubs.
Bikeplus is a new representative body for bike share. Although bike share schemes are operated by the private sector, the public sector and some cases large employers and community groups, are responsible for many aspects of development. Bikeplus aims to support these groups to get the most out of this process.
Bikeplus roles can be summarised into three key functions:
- Collect data to provide evidence of for the benefits of bike share schemes
- Collecting and sharing information on:
- statistics on bike shares status in UK
- good practice for setting up successful schemes
- developments overseas
- Development of pioneering projects to ensure the social and environmental benefits are maximised and evenly spread
For further information see our bike share page.
If you are interested in keeping in touch with bikeplus developments please email email@example.com